How does it work?
Thermal destratification is the equalisation of air temperature throughout a building or enclosed space. The Airius Air Pear system will ensure that temperatures are balanced to within 0 – 3 degrees C. from floor to ceiling. Your HVAC system (mainly your compressor) will require less run time because it will not have such extreme temperatures to cool or heat and your thermostat will be satisfied much quicker and for longer periods of time. As a result, a building’s cooling or heating or costs can be reduced by 10%-60%.
(See testimonials from around the world and Australian research on cooling and heating undertaken by Dr Vahid Vakiloroaya in our technical section.)
In summer cooling mode, when using our Airius Air Pear fans in the hot Australasian climate the air conditioning system’s compressor is continually being switched off as the Air Pear fans circulate the heavy dense cold air a lot quicker and much more efficiently than an Air Handling Unit and assorted duct fans. Often these are located many, many metres away from the space and the fans are trying to push the air through the ducts and then circulate the cool air around the space.
Further, and very significant energy savings can be achieved by substituting air movement using Airius Air Pears for chilled air and increasing the A/C thermostat in summer from 22.5 to say 26 Deg C. but with a similar level of thermal comfort. Energy savings of 8-10% per Degree C can be easily achieved in summer using this approach.
Additonally, the return air temperature is now cooler as there is no heat at the return air intake so less cooling energy is required as the air goes back through the system.
This is why you need a simple solution – Airius Air Pear fans!
Our Airius Air Pears have motors that use as little as 10 watts and can move large amounts of air in one direction.This allows the user to also direct the air to where they want if required.
The chiller and related conditioning equipment such as compressors run much less as well, dropping energy use and measurably reducing system maintenance and extending plant life. If you use our systems in new buildings you can reduce the capital spend on the Air Conditioning equipment by around thirty percent!
In addition the impact of gentle laminar non turbulent air movement via our fans provides an improvement in user comfort as the temperature is perceived to be cooler (in conditioned or non conditioned spaces) due to the evaporation across the skin and freshness created by our fan in the space.
Both conditioned and non conditioned spaces benefit during summer and winter from our Airius Air Pear fans.
You are also vastly improving the internal environment, maintaining a high level of productivity from your workforce and optimum comfort levels for your customers, so they stay longer and, if relevant, spend more. Condensation on surfaces will also be reduced significantly due to the gentle air movement and resultant change in Dew Point temperature.
Benefits of the Air Pear system include:
- Arguably one of the simplest and easiest methodologies to save energy in buildings.
- Improved internal environment has been proven to improve workplace productivity and increase sales in supermarkets etc. as customers stay longer and spend more.
- Strong cooling summer air movement in a range of non air conditioned facilities offers numerous benefits to the building owner and user.
- Between 6-20% reduction of cooling costs in HVAC Systems -see our Melbourne retail trial results and independent modelling research on our Technical Page.
- Between 20% – 35% reduction of heating costs – where process heat is involved savings may well exceed 50%.
- Between 20% – 35% reduction of carbon emissions.
- Up to 35% reduction in overall facility energy costs.
- Affordable ‘plug and go’ system.
- No large exposed rotating blades causing light strobing or lighting redesign issues.
- Simple to install.
- No three phase power requirements.
- No structural impacts.
- No maintenance contracts.
- Increased lamp life due to reduced heat at lamp level.
- Minimal maintenance and running cost (from $AUD 19 per year!)
- Rapid ROI – average 12-24 months.
- No HVAC ducting required.
- Less fogging on cooler and freezer doors.
- Condensation on indoor pool surfaces is removed.
- Reduction in relative humidity.
- Works alongside all types of HVAC systems.
- Reduced wear and tear on existing HVAC equipment.